We’re seeking a self-starting, reliable teammate who’s interested in a growing role with our emerging company. Additional growth within the company will be available and highly encouraged.
Under the joint supervision of the Executive Director and Director of Operations, the Compost Collection Driver will:
- Work evenings driving an expanding route(s) in Los Angeles, exchanging 3-gallon and 5-gallon compost collection containers for our residential and commercial customers at pre-established exchange locations. Routes are typically 3-5 hours long, and assigned based on schedule availability. Schedule is consistent, though we reserve the right to update and adjust as needed.
- Ensure that customers have clean containers available at their exchange locations, and deliver zero-waste product deliveries as needed.
- Collect route materials in a timely manner from our Cypress Park location, ensuring that all necessary materials and deliveries are included and accurate. Communicate container and print materials stock with team members.
- Log container weights, note missed exchanges, and report any issues (i.e. containers not left in appropriate location, left open, etc) that need to be resolved directly with clients.
- Maintain all records in a high-quality manner following company guidelines.
- As needed, meet directly with customers to establish appropriate exchange locations for compost containers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities, based on interest and skill set:
- Support compost processing during regularly scheduled windows.
- Attend tabling events as needed, engaging the community about composting and our services.
$15/hour and reimbursement for mileage and related expenses
This role begins at 3-5 hours per week, with the option to expand to up to 20 hours per week, depending on availability.
You’re a good fit for this role if you are:
- A strong communicator, with the ability to communicate effectively, respectfully, and transparently with all levels of staff.
- A flexible and team-oriented collaborator.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and solutions-oriented, with a strong work ethic.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and committed to providing high-quality service for our customers.
- Ready to get your hands dirty; open to (or even eager to) working with food scraps regularly.
- Committed to our core mission of working towards a more sustainable, zero waste world.
- Automobile, valid driver’s license, good driving record, and automobile insurance.
- Availability for at least one 4-5 hour window during weekday evenings. Additional daytime availability is a plus.
- Proficient with email communication.
- Interest or background in waste, sustainability, food systems, or composting is a plus.
- Knowledge of Slack is a plus.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
Epic Renewal is a social enterprise committed to building a zero-waste world, by keeping food waste out of landfills and using it to improve soil health. We work to make composting accessible for everyone by providing smart, accessible, and environmentally conscious solutions for everyday life. Our residential and commercial pick up and drop off composting helps individuals in Los Angeles keep their food waste out of landfills, and use it to build healthier soil and a healthier planet.